Birch Acres Primary School started in January 1977 in the prefabs at Kempton Park Primary. The school was started because there were too many pupils at Norkem Park Primary and there was a need for a school in Birch Acres. There were 9 teachers and 263 learners from Gr 1 to Gr 4 (4 x Gr 1 classes, 2 x Gr 2 classes, 1 x Gr 3 class and 1 x Gr 4 class) and 1 principal and 1 secretary. In August 1977 we moved to buildings in Fiskaal Street in Glen Marais, which is Laerskool Kruinsig today. In 1980 we moved to our present buildings. The first principal was Mr J C Crous. In 1982 Mr E E Krugel became principal. Mr C G Bothma is the present principal. In 2012 we have 1031 learners and 31 educators, as well as 4 learnership teachers and 3 secretaries. Our school fees are one of the most affordable in the area. Currently we have +/- 1320 learners and 77 staff members on the premises. We have a Pre-Primary as well where the Pre-Grade R and Grade R’s are groomed to become part of the “big school”.